Dr. Satish Tongaonkar
1. National Institute of Virology Aug.1970-Sept.1977: After graduating from Bombay Veterinary College in 1970, joined National Institute of Virology, Pune. The major area of research was on production, purification and assay of Interferon as an antiviral agent. Studied Interferon production by 40 the then called Arboviruses in different 8 cell lines and in vivo systems. Also, was associated with experimental vaccine production against Kyasanur Forest Disease and Chickenguniya viruses, serological surveys for arboviruses. Was awarded WHO Fellowship for maintenance of Germ Free Barrier Sustained Animals in 1976.
2. BAIF’s Research Institute of Animal Health, Wagholi Oct.1977-Aug. 1980: Joined on an ICAR’s Research Project on “Commercial Production of vaccine against Marek’s Disease”. MD vaccine was not available in India till then, we used to import this vaccine. Was also involved in experimental vaccine production for Theileriosis. Was also associated on Brucellosis diagnosis, experimental vaccine production for Rinderpest, HS.
3. National Dairy Devlopement Board, Anand Aug.80- July96: As Scientist was involved in serological survey against against abortion causing agents such as Brucella abortus, Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis Virus, Bluetongue virus, Chlamydia, Leptospirosisis etc. Demonstrated for the first time in world the involvement of Bluetongue virus in abortions in Indian buffaloes. Demonstrated association of IBR virus in abortions in dairy animals. Isolated IBR virus from aborted foetal tissue, blood, semen, placenta etc. From 1988 onwards was involved in development and Tech transfer of animal vaccines for Indian Immunologicals, Hyderabad. Was associated with diagnosis of RP outbreaks in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and MP states.
4. Ventri Biologicals, Vaccine Division of VH group Pune Aug.96-Sept.2010: Joined PDRC, Loni Kalbhor and was involved in IBH vaccine production. From 1998 joined Ventri Biologicals & was involved in production of poultry vaccines, interactions with ICAR, IVRI, MOA New Delhi. Was also involved in international collaboration with Scientists of repute.
5. Consultant veterinary biologicals Pune Jan.10 till date: Presently associated with Symbiosis School of Biomedical Scinces, Lavale Pune where in conducting research on behalf of industry. At present I am trying to bring Industry and academia on one platform. Was former Vice President, Association of Avian Health Professionals, Governing Body Member, National Institute of Animal Biotechnology, Hyderabad (under Dept. of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science &Technology New Delhi).Also. Actively involved with Indian Pharmacopiea.
1. ICAR Merit Scholarship for Undergraduate student.
2. Demonstration of involvement of Bluetongue virus in abortions in Indian buffaloes and isolations of IBR virus from semen, aborted foetal tissues, placenta and prepucial washings etc. Diagnosis of RP outbreaks during 1986-87 in Western India.Was GOI’s representative in a Workshop on RP conducted by FAO.
3. Quarantine Officer, GOI for export of dairy animals.
4. Quality Control Officer for export of milk powder & semen to Europe.
5. Have actively involved in Indian Pharma. Since 1994.
6. Was Member of a Commeetee on Investigation of IBD, IBH and AI disease outbreaks appointed by Dept. of AH MOA New Delhi under Technology Mission on Dairy Development in 1994.
7. Governing Body Member, National Institute of Animal Biotechnology, (Ministry of Science & Technology, GOI, New Delhi).
8. Ex. Advisor, Vidya Pratishthan School of Biotechnology, Baramati.
9. Advisor, Symbiosis School of Biomedical Sciences, Lavale, Pune.
10. Published more than 35 papers in scientific medical & veterinary journals of international reputation.
SYMBIOSIS SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES (SSBS)
(formerly Symbiosis School of Biomedical Sciences)
Constituent of Symbiosis International University (SIU)
Symbiosis Knowledge Village, Gram - Lavale,
Taluka - Mulshi, Dist. - Pune,
Pin - 412115
Phone : +91-20-2811 6496
Fax : +91-20-2811 6440
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +91-20-2567 1905
Website : www.scie.ac.in